Thursday, August 19, 2010

And so it begins again!

We have been discussing the possibility of adopting again since our third post placement visit in June. We decided this week while out to dinner for our 9th wedding anniversary that it was the right choice for our family. P needs a sibling. Let me qualify that by saying he is going to have to learn to share mommy, and that is not going to be easy. He and I had a conversation in the car the other day that went something like this:

Me: Would you like a little brother or sister?
P: ok
Me: That means you are going to have to share your toys.
P: No, my toys
Me: Well you could share some of them.
P: No, all my toys.

I guess we have some work to do.
We have also had a few conversations with the dogs this week, oh how their lives will change. Mia is just learning to tolerate P touching her, add another youngin into the mixture and I think she might move out.

We have just started our application paperwork for the adoption agency. I am gathering all the necessary bits of information needed.
In the sidebar I will keep a list of the paperchase and milestones.

I hope you enjoy the journey to our second Russian love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in touch